The acai berry is often classed as a super-food for their exceptionally high nutritional values. While acai berries come with a lot of benefits, its main benefit is the high level of antioxidants found within each berry. The antioxidants in acai berries help the body to function more efficiently, which means less energy is wasted on every day functions. Some people also find acai berry to be an effective weight loss tool.
The acai berry is a small dark purple berry found within the Amazon rain forest, where they have been a staple in native’s diets for their healing and energy-boosting benefits. Each berry is rich in antioxidants called anthocyanins and flavonoids, as well as vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential fatty acids.
The benefits of Acai Berries
- High Antioxidant Content: Acai has one of the highest antioxidant values of any fruit, which helps to defend against damage from free radicals such as toxins and chemicals that the body is exposed to during the day. Acai oil is often found within cosmetic products because of the high antioxidant level relieves skin irritation and redness.
- Energy boosting: A rich vitamin B content helps to sustain normal energy levels and improve overall body function.
- Immunity: Acai berries are rich in iron and vitamin A and C, which defend the body against oxidative stress and help the immune system to function effectively.
- Weight Loss: the high nutritional content of the acai berry helps the body to function effectively, making it easier to maintain a healthy weight. One study found that within 30 days of using acai berries, it resulted in a lower level of fasting insulin and glucose levels, as well as a reduction in total cholesterol levels.
- Improves Metabolism: The antioxidant properties of acai berries are its most recognised aspect, as they can also benefit healthy cellular metabolism and functioning. They increase the efficiency of the cell’s absorption of nutrients and the subsequent translation into useful energy.
- High in B vitamins: Acai berries contain key vitamin B compounds that have a positive influence on body functions. When you consume these in small amounts, they have significant effects on red blood cells, tissues and cellular generation. One study found that deficiency in vitamin B in older adults has long term consequences. Factors such as insomnia, depression and lethargy are characterized by the deficiency of vitamin B in the body.