Peptan Key Features
- 97% protein content
- 1st bio-active protein proven to restructure the collagen network
- True anti-aging effect
About the Peptan brand
Peptan® contains type 1 collagen peptides. This means they are identical to those found within the human bones and skin. Peptan® is a high purity, natural bioactive product, containing 97% protein.
Peptan collagen peptides are optimized for high bioavailability and activity and their hydrolysed form makes them easily digested. Peptan® is a bioactive ingredient specifically designed to deliver multiple health benefits and functional properties, including being natural, non-allergenic and clean label. It can be easily and cost-effectively incorporated into functional foods and beverages, nutri-cosmetics and dietary supplements without impacting taste or odour.
Peptan® collagen contains 18 amino acids, the building blocks of tissues and the primary component of proteins. Glycine, proline and hydroxyproline represent around 50% of Peptan’s total amino acid content; the glycine and proline concentration in Peptan® is 10 to 20 times higher than found in other proteins.
Peptan collagen peptides deliver multiple health benefits and display a unique bioactive range of properties within body tissue.
Essential amino acids within Peptan®
Collagen is the body’s most important building block and makes up around 30% of the proteins within the human body. Collagen is a key structural protein that ensures the cohesion, elasticity and regeneration of all connective tissues including the skin, tendons, ligaments, cartilage and bones.
Different cells within the body tissues are responsible for the production of collagen. The cells use specific amino acids and peptides as building blocks to produce the large collagen helix structure. This is then organised into the strong fibres that provide structural tissue support, flexibility and the ability to withstand forces.
Collagen peptides are small bioactive peptides obtained by enzymatic hydrolysis of collagen. This means that the breaking down of the molecular bonds between collagen strands to peptides occurs.
- Improve joint health – increasing the production of hyaluronic acid in the joints
- Support bone strength – for those regularly exercising
- Promote healthy ageing – reducing fine lines and promoting youthful skin
- Boost skin beauty – Even, hydrated and youthful skin
- Support connective tissues and prevent injuries – Helping to lubricate the joints and allow the user to complete every day tasks without injury
- Reverse skin ageing – reduce crows feet and fine lines.
Peptan collagen is neutral in taste and odour, transparent in solution and is soluble instantly in both cold and warm liquid. Easy to handle during formulation, it has excellent flowing properties and allows for a high-quality powder drink with consumer appeal and convenience.
- Peptan powder is dust free
- Able to be used as the sole ingredient within a powder or capsule formula
- Its great behaviour allows for a wide variety of packaging solutions from small stick servings to sachets and pots.
- Suitable for nutraceutical, sports nutrition and well-being supplements
- Can be easily used directly as a dry powder for capsule formats
- Soluble instantly within both cold and warm water
- Contains 18 amino acids, the building blocks of our tissues and the primary component of proteins
- Peptan is the world’s leading collagen peptides brand
- As a bioactive protein, Peptan is highly digestible and bioavailable. It is neutral in taste and odor and can be easily incorporated into different applications