Sea Buckthorn Oil
Sea buckthorn berry oil is extracted from both the berries and seeds of the sea buckthorn plant. Both the berries and seeds are great for a variety of benefits. It is often used in foods to make jelly, juices and sauces as well as cosmetics and anti-ageing creams.
Sea buckthorn oil includes a variety of vitamin A, B1, B2, C, D, E, K and P, as well as amino acids, folic acid and 20 mineral elements. It may also be the only plant in the world to contain all four omegas: omega 3, omega 6, omega 7 and omega 9. Omega 7 is a specific kind of fatty acid called palmitoleic acid which carries some unique and impressive health benefits. The most important of these benefits include reducing the risk of heart disease.
Minimises skin problems
Sea Buckthorn oil helps to reduce issues with the skin. Due to its unique composition of fatty acids, amino acids, vitamins and minerals, Sea buckthorn berry oil works wonders for improving the healthiness of skin. It can reduce redness, relieve dandruff and moisturise the scalp while improving the strength of skin on a cellular level.
Sea buckthorn berry oil is packed full of nutrients which promote faster cellular regeneration. If it is included within a daily skin routine, it can support elasticity restoration and prevent signs of ageing.
Being a powerful anti-inflammatory, it is a great treatment for people with acne scarring and preventing spots from returning. Sea buckthorn oil is a natural antibacterial, cleansing the pores and leaving the face feeling tight and youthful.
There are many benefits that take place within the digestive system, which are often overlooked. When ingested, it accelerates the healing process of many digestive problems. Omega 7 is found throughout the body, and when ingested it provides the same reasons it is applied topically, by moisturising. This can be helpful for ulcers, which are an eroded area of the skin or mucous membrane. When irritated or inflames, it can lead to conditions such as irritable bowel syndrome, colitis or acid reflux. The omega 7 found within sea buckthorn oil can help to prevent these, as well as rapidly heal damaged membranes.
Sea Buckthorn Berry Oil Properties
- Antioxidant– This oil contains about 60 major and minor antioxidants.
- Anti-inflammatory– The oil reduces inflammation both when used topically and when used internally.
- Demulcent– coats the mucus membrane lining our intestinal wall. This relieves ulcers and throat irritation.
- Anti-ageing– regular application of any sea buckthorn oil reduces signs of ageing, like wrinkles.
- Circulation booster– It has been identified to boost micro-circulation.
- Skin cell regeneration– It improves the regeneration rate of epidermal cells. Epidermis is the outermost layer of skin.
- Sunscreen– it naturally protects from harmful UV radiation from the sun.
- Anti-cognitive decline– It can slow down the rate at which cognitive powers of the brain decline.
- Anti-cholesterol– helps in reducing cholesterol levels, naturally.
- Anti-radiation– this oil is used in some places to protect against radiation induced damage.
- Anti-fungal– acts against certain fungi species
- Anti-bacterial– acts against some bacterial strains.
- Anti-cancer– This is not evaluated in depth, but we know that sea buckthorn oil can improve health status in case of cancer.
- Anti-asthmatic– relieves asthma and bronchial spasms.
- Emollient – moisturises the skin.
- Stomachic– tones stomach muscles and improves digestion.
- Vulnerary– heals wounds
- Rubefacient– along with its anti-inflammatory power, it also reduces redness on skin.
- Expectorant– aids the body in expelling phlegm.
Supplement Factory can provide both sea buckthorn berry oil in a liquid and powder format. Able to be placed into capsules, soft gels and licaps, sea buckthorn berry oil is a fantastic addition to any beauty and well being supplement range.