NovaSol® Liquid Curcumin
What is NovaSol®?
NovaSol® is an extremely high bioavailable curcumin liquid capsule dosage form which is supports by independent human clinical data from German universities. The curcumin Licap provides 18mg Curcuminoids per capsule of 500mg (equals 3.33gram of native curcumin extract).
- A versatile & reliable solution
- Biomimetric micelle structure
- Fully water and fat soluble
- PH stable
- Ready for use in Licaps
What is Curcumin?
Often sourced in India, curcumin is relatively non-toxic and naturally grown. Curcumin was used in ancient times on the Indian subcontinent to treat various illnesses such as rheumatism, body ache, skin diseases and many more. It is said to have positive effects with respect to a variety of diseases also.
- No side effects
- Yellow in colour
- Strong antioxidant
- Relatively non toxic
Benefits of NovaSol®
Support of the digestive system is another field for curcumin as research suggests, that it increases the solubility of bile and this assists in the elimination of gall stones and prevents further formation of the gall stones.
Research connects turmeric to affect LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Also decreased blood lipid peroxidation was observed within studies and the antioxidant properties of curcumin are regarded as being beneficial to prevent coronary heart diseases.
Age related diseases
Studies suggest that curcumin has potential therapeutic value against oxidative stress-induced neurodegenerative disorders. Curcumin is also said to potentially prevent ageing-associated changed in cellular proteins that lead to protein insolubility.
Curcumin treatment in studies has shown to reduce wound healing time, improved collagen deposition and increased fibroblast and vascular density in wounds thereby enhancing both normal and impaired wound healing. It is also associated with a beneficial effect as a proangiogenic agent by inducing transforming growth factor-beta.
By being a pro-inflammatory substance, curcumin may exert its anti-inflammatory activity. Other research confirms that curcumin substantially suppresses systemic inflammation markers and furthermore suggest that is could ease pain from arthritis.
What makes NovaSol® unique?
NovaSol® takes on the key hurdle of curcumin: bioavailability.
Despite having fantastic health benefits connected to curcumin, in order to release these benefits and make them accessible in financially available supplements, a poor level of curcumin bioavailability is used. In order to make curcumin an effective health ingredient, it must be processed in a way that allows delivery to blood plasma. NovaSol® offers its strengths, converting curcuma into a fully water soluble and PH stable form, promoting optimum oral bioavailability.
Novasol® Curcumin sets a new standard in Curcumin for 4 reasons :
- Potency: no other curcumin can claim a triple-digit bioavailability factor, proven by human clinical studies by independent German universities
- Natural absorption by nature mimicry due to micellar structure
- Liquid formula which clearly differentiates from all other powder-based curcumin formulas in a fully vegetarian concept
- Vit D added for the EFSA claims
EFSA approved health claims for Vitamin D can be used:
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilization of calcium and phosphorus
- Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth
- Vitamin D contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Vitamin D has a role in the process of cell division
NovaSol® Curcumin – bioavailability proven in major research project
AQUANOVA participated in a major study (“Novel strategies for the enhancement of the potency of nutraceuticals with low oral bioavailability and their application in novel functional foods for optimum protection of the ageing brain) within the research network sponsored by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research.
The project, led by Prof. DR. Jan Frank, was conducted with the participation of four renowned universities (Hohenheim, Frankfurt, Jena, Kiel).
As part of this research, NovaSol® was examined with respect to its enhancement of bioavailability within a state of the art human clinical trial:
- Oral dose of 500mg Curcumin
- Materials used
- Native curcumin extract
- Curcumin micronisate
- NovaSol Curcumin
- 23 Participants: 13 women / 10 men
The results for NovaSol® within this human clinical are overwhelming (the figures relate the NovaSol values to the native curcumin extract):
- Bioavailability factory curcumin AUC 24th: 185
- Bioavailability factory curcumin Cmax: 4523
- Tmax factor curcumin: 6.8 (1.1h vs. 7.5h native)
The study was published in Molecular Nutrition & Food Research Journal
While raw curcumin extract is used in many trials for both as a testing and a reference material, NovaSol® Curcumin clearly sets the benchmark not only to the curcumin extract, but also competitive formulas such as emulsions, micronisates or liposomes.