AnaGain™ was developed using a bioassay-guided approach based on DNA microarray technology. AnaGain™ stimulates specific signalling molecules in the Dermal Papilla cells which are required to initiate the growth of new hair:
- Noggin, a protein that shortens the hair telogen phase
- FGF7, fibroblast growth factor-7, which promotes the proliferation of the matrix keratinocytes at the beginning of a new Anagen phase
Suitable product applications:
- Anti hair loss
- Hair re-growth
- Anti-ageing and hair care
- Women with thinning hair
- Men with a tendency to lose hair in defined areas
- Men and women who lose more than 100 hairs per day
- Stimulating hair growth and fighting hair loss
AnaGainTM Key Features
- A natural hair growth enhancer that is prepared from edible and organic pea shoots (Pisum Sativum)
- A product that is developed by a bioassay guided approach: Enhancement of FGF7 and Noggin expression balancing hair growth cycle
- Efficacy clinical proven for oral and topic applications for both genders
- Suitable for dietary supplement applications; water soluble for functional food applications
During hair growth the follicles follow a cyclical and asynchronous growth phase. This cycle is made up of three distinct phases: Anagen, Catagen and Telogen. Each hair passes through the phases independently from the neighbouring hairs.
Hair loss problems, which are generally called Alopecia, often are caused by an imbalance of the hair growth cycle that leads to a reduced number of growing (Anagen) hair follicles combined with an increased number of degenerating (Telogen) hair follicles. Causes of this include hormone levels, malnutrition, environmental factors and stress. By the age of 50, at least 50% of men and approximately 25% of women are affected by hair loss.
Women experience diffuse hair loss and tend to lose the hair on the top of their heads. Meanwhile, hair loss in men can be much more extensive, mainly affecting the temporal areas and the top of the head.
The pea (Pisum Sativum) is a vegetable with pod fruits. Sprouts from organic peas were selected as a source of AnaGain™ due to their being rich in phytonutrients. These “health-promoting phytochemicals” protect the plant from disease, damage, pathogens, extreme UV, pollutants and help to defend it against herbivores.
In addition, many of these phytochemicals are known to exert positive effects on human health. Sprouts are the plant material with the highest level of phytonutrients.
The effects of AnaGain™ on hair loss were evaluated on a test panel comprising 21 volunteers suffering from mild to moderate hair loss. 100 mg of AnaGain™ was taken on a daily basis by the volunteers in a drink of their choice for a period of two months. Hair loss counts were evaluated over three days – at the beginning of the study, following one month and after two months.
- AnaGain™ showed a statistically significant hair loss reduction after one month (–34%) and two months (–37%)
- Visibly improved hair density
- Volunteers noticed the hair loss reduction and wished to continue the application
- Anagain is a unique water-soluble extract
- Available in standard, preservative free and powder form
- Recommended daily dosage: 100mg
- Neutral in taste and odour
To Find out more about Anagain – Click Here to download a pdf brochure.