What is Whey Protein?
Whey Protein comes in two forms, concentrate and isolate. Arguably the most popular supplement on the market; coming into fruition in the 1950s, supplements were used by bodybuilders looking to gain muscle mass.
They are commonly used now for various reasons, including weight loss. People throughout the world take protein supplements as they are easily digested and readily available.
Derived from milk, the two proteins found in milk are casein and whey. It is made up of all nine essential amino acids, and it can be removed from the casein or formed when milk is subsequently turned into cheese.
It is a popular choice as it is low in lactose, and there are numerous benefits to consuming the protein. The chemical structure of the protein contains beta-lactoglobulin, bovine serum albumin, alpha-lactalbumin and finally immunoglobulins.
Sold as a supplement, mainly as dry powders, the user can mix this with water or milk for added protein.
The protein itself, as a supplement, can be manufactured to have a protein percentage, for example, 80% protein.
There are two main form of protein:
The Differences between Concentrate and Isolate.
The significant difference between concentrate and isolate comes from the processes the powder endures during manufacturing.
The whey protein concentrate is micro-filtered instead of heated to to maintain the profile of amino acids within the powder.
For a high-quality protein, the percentage would be around 80%; the remaining 20% would be carbohydrates and fats that remain in the powder.
Whey protein isolate can contain up to 90% protein source as this goes through a much more extensive filtering process to eliminate the carbohydrates and fats from the powder.
Isolate contains a much lower lactose content than concentrate; therefore, it would be recommended to people looking to reduce their dairy intake.
Benefits of Whey Protein
- Muscle protein growth
- Muscle repair
- Increased recovery times
- Aiding weight loss
- Cholesterol levels
- Blood pressure
Whey protein is an exceptionally healthy way to increase your protein intake, and it is advised to be taken alongside a healthy balanced diet.
Both whey protein concentrate, and whey protein isolate are beneficial to the user depending on the user’s day to day activities and diet.
If the goal were to lose weight, it is recommended to take it with a controlled calorie diet. For muscle gains, the concentrate would be the way forward to see the best results.
Send us a quote or give us a call at 0330 311 2761 if you would like to manufacture high-quality whey powder. Supplement Factory provides custom formulation, private and white label services. Please visit the MOQ Page to find out the minimum order quantity and lead time.
- AAKG & Arginine
- Acai Berry
- Acai Extract
- Acetyl L-Carnitine
- Achiote (Annatto)
- Activated Charcoal
- African Mango
- Agave Inulin
- Alfalfa Powder
- Algae Oil
- Aloe Vera
- Amaranthus Cruentus Extract
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple Pectin
- Apricot Kernel Oil
- Argan Oil
- Arjuna Bark
- Asparagus Extract
- Aspen Bark